Map Menu allows you to quickly access any camera simply by its location on the world map. The map shows where all the cameras are located based on the world with the ability to zoom in to search specific areas if cameras are close together.
Note: By default, cameras will be assigned with the home address of the customer. To change this address go to the Location tab of the camera in the admin portal and update the address, this will change the position of the camera on the Map in the video portal.
The maps menu can be accessed by using the map icon .
If there are multiple cameras at a location they will be grouped together and will be shown as a green circle with a number to indicate how many cameras are at a specific location on the map. A single Camera will be shown with a camera icon.
The Map menu shows the following:
- Map theme: The user can select the desired theme for the map using this option.
- Show all cameras on the map: This option allows the user to zoom out from a region and go to the top view of all cameras under that user.
- Create a custom layout with a selected camera: Using this option users can draw a perimeter around the area of interest to create a custom layout that shows all the cameras for the selected region on the screen.
- Group of cameras at a location: This shows the number of cameras which are in that region.
- Single camera at a location. Hover the mouse pointer over the camera icon to see the camera's image with updates every 15 minutes.
For a video tutorial on the Menu map, please visit this page