To download a section of an archive a clip has to be created. To start the process of clip creation click on the Create clip button from the bottom toolbar.
A section of the timeline will become highlighted showing a part of the archive for which the clip will be created. You can change the start and end times of the clip either from the calendar above the timeline or simply dragging the start and end handles at the beginning and end of the highlighted section.
The minimum clip time is 30 seconds, maximum is 1 hour. To download longer time periods you will need to create multiple clips or create a timelapse video. Timelapse can be created for time periods from 2 hours to 48 hours and compressed to as little as 30 seconds or up to 5 minutes long clips. To create a timelapse select Timelapse after clicking on the Create clip button was pressed or use the shortcut keys "C" followed by "T". For more details regarding clip creation please visit this page.
After you have selected the parameters for your clip click the Save button. A popup will appear requesting you to create a name for your clip. Input the desired name and click OK to save it or click Cancel to return to clip editing.
To access your clips open the Library from the Top menu bar.
From the Library, you can search, rename, review, share, download, and delete previously created clips. To access the clip's menu click on the three dots located at the top right corner of the clip.
Important notes about clips:
1. Clips are stored in the library indefinitely or until the camera is deleted.
2. It takes some time to create a clip. The longer the clip the longer it will take to create it, for some time-lapses the wait time can be 10-15 minutes.
3. Shared clips will become visible once the clips are processed, so the link might take some time to start working for newly created clips.
4. Clips are processed only one time, once the initial processing is complete all consecutive downloads will start instantaneously. The same is true for the shared link after the initial processing the link will be available instantaneously and will keep working either until it expires or until the clip is deleted.
5. For cameras on Events only storage plans the part of the archive that does not have an event will be deleted once the buffer period for the archive ends, usually around 30 minutes. So if you create a clip for the most recent 30 minutes and there are no events during this time such clips will be deleted once the archive is processed. To save such clips you need to download them before the buffer expires.
Please sign in to leave a comment.